Re: Native partitioning tablespace inheritance

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Native partitioning tablespace inheritance
Дата
Native partitioning tablespace inheritance  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 2:40 PM, Jonathan S. Katz
<jonathan.katz@excoventures.com> wrote:
> If there are no strong objections I am going to add this to the “Older Bugs”
> section of Open Items in a little bit.

I strongly object.  This is not a bug.  The TABLESPACE clause doing
exactly what it was intended to do, which is determine where all of
the storage associated with the partitioned table itself goes.  It so
happens that there is no storage, so now somebody would like to
repurpose the same option to do something different.  That's fine, but
it doesn't make the current behavior wrong.  And we're certainly not
going to back-patch a behavior change like that.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company