Re: Bugtraq: Having Fun With PostgreSQL

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Bugtraq: Having Fun With PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jun 18, 2007, at 12:58 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Christopher Browne wrote:
>>> That won't help; that would introduce the "embarrassment" of
>>> having a
>>> known default password.
>
>> No it wouldn't unless the packagers set it up to do that. My point is
>> that when a packager (or source) runs initdb, it would prompt for the
>> postgres user password.
>
> Practically every existing packaging of PG tries to run initdb as a
> hidden, behind-the-scenes, definitely not-interactive procedure.

I know there's issues with using ident sameuser via TCP, but what
about for filesystem socket connections?

As for the interactive/non-interactive, we could just leave that as
an option to initdb, and make the default to ask for a password.
Packagers would just need to feed the right option to initdb.

Сообщение: Re: GUC time unit spelling a bit inconsistent
Сообщение: Re: GUC time unit spelling a bit inconsistent