Re: GUC time unit spelling a bit inconsistent

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: GUC time unit spelling a bit inconsistent
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Am Montag, 18. Juni 2007 16:16 schrieb Tom Lane:
>> It seems that time-based GUC variables can be spelled like
>>         1h      but not         1hr
>>         1min    but not         1m
>>         1s      but not         1sec

> The left columns are the standard units.

Standard according to whom?  In time-related contexts (eg ISO 8601)
I'd expect just "h" "m" and "s".

Since there's no likelihood that anyone would think autovacuum_naptime
is measured in meters, I think insisting that it must not be written as
"1m" is just pedantry.