Re: [ADMIN] Problems starting postmaster

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Problems starting postmaster
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Miguel Valero wrote:
  >Terry,
  >
  >Thanks for your help, but I still getting the same message when I run the
  >following postgresql script as root:
  >
  >[root@lelu /root]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start
  >Starting postgresql service: bash: /home/valero/.bashrc: Permission denied

It is bash that is complaining - apparently about the .bashrc in your own
home directory.

Do `su - root' rather than just `su' and try again.

     "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shall call
      his name JESUS; for he shall save his people from
      their sins."            Matthew 1:21