Re: [ADMIN] Problems starting postmaster

От Miguel Valero
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Problems starting postmaster
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Terry,

Thanks for your help, but I still getting the same message when I run the
following postgresql script as root:

[root@lelu /root]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start
Starting postgresql service: bash: /home/valero/.bashrc: Permission denied
bash: /usr/bin/postmaster: Permission denied
postmaster [ ]

These are the files and permissions for  ~postgres (/var/lib/pgsql):

-rw-------  1 postgres postgres      4 May  5  1998 PG_VERSION
drwx------  4 postgres postgres   1024 Nov  8 15:10 base
-rw-------  1 postgres postgres   8192 Nov  8 15:10 pg_database
-rw-------  1 postgres postgres   8192 Oct 14 15:41 pg_database.rpmsave
-r--------  1 postgres postgres   2838 May  5  1998 pg_geqo.sample
-rw-------  1 postgres postgres      0 May  5  1998 pg_group
-r--------  1 postgres postgres   5100 May  5  1998 pg_hba.conf
-rw-------  1 postgres postgres   8192 Nov  8 16:02 pg_log
-rw-------  1 postgres postgres   8192 Oct 16 10:53 pg_log.rpmsave
-rw-rw-rw-  1 postgres postgres     64 May  5  1998 pg_pwd
-rw-------  1 postgres postgres   8192 Nov  8 15:45 pg_shadow
-rw-------  1 postgres postgres   8192 Oct 14 10:41 pg_shadow.rpmsave
-rw-------  1 postgres postgres   8192 Nov  8 16:02 pg_variable
-rw-------  1 postgres postgres   8192 Oct 16 10:53 pg_variable.rpmsave
-rw-r--r-   1 postgres postgr      46 Dec 19 15:38  server.log

Thanks once again for your kindly help

Miguel R. Valero
valero@ao.uscourts.gov

On Sat, 19 Dec 1998, Terry Mackintosh wrote:

> Hi Miguel
>
> As what user are you trying to run postmaster?
>
> ALSO, as what user did you compile and install PostgreSQL as?
>
> If the answer to both is not user postgres, as root do:
> (you must have created user postgres already, and set the home dir. to the
> pgsql dir.)
>
> chown -R postgres:postgres ~postgres
> (This will give every thing the correct owner ship.)
>
> Then, either start postmaster as postgres, OR, most likely, use a start up
> script that runs as root BUT su's to postgres and starts postmaster.
> An example script is in the contrib dir..
>
> Hope that helps
> Terry
>
> On Sat, 19 Dec 1998, Miguel Valero wrote:
>

> > System : Redhat 5.1
> > Linux kernel : 2.0.34
> > PostgreSQL : version 6.3 (rpm)
> >
> > Problems starting postmaster. I am getting this error whenever I try
> > running PostgreSQL:
> > Starting postgresql service: bash: /usr/bin/postmaster: permission denied
> >
> > Can anyone give any assistance please?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Miguel R. Valero
> > valero@ao.uscourts.gov
> >

> Terry Mackintosh <terry@terrym.com>          http://www.terrym.com
> sysadmin/owner  Please! No MIME encoded or HTML mail, unless needed.
>
> Proudly powered by R H Linux 4.2, Apache 1.3, PHP 3, PostgreSQL 6.4
> Success Is A Choice ... book by Rick Patino, get it, read it!

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Problems starting postmaster
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Problems starting postmaster