Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?
Дата
Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
Список pgsql-general
> Jim Seymour wrote:
>> What do you do if you don't like the client that delivered it to your
>> backup MX?  You can't just throw it away.  Well, you *can*, but doing
>> so breaks the email delivery system.  If reject it, your backup MX will
>> then bounce it to the ostensible sender, which is very likely forged.

> For stuff I block via sendmail, I 550 it, even from my MX.  I am not
> sure what my MX does with it, but no one has complained.

You're contributing to the problem then.  Your MX will bounce the
message back to the (likely forged) envelope sender.

These days I actually have a worse problem with bogus bounce reports
than I do with spam.  It's very difficult to filter mail bounce messages
without risking losing real bounces --- over the past month or two I'd
say that only one or two spams have made it into my inbox, but hundreds
of bounces of spam and viruses with my name forged to them have made it.