Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Jim Seymour wrote:
> >> What do you do if you don't like the client that delivered it to your
> >> backup MX?  You can't just throw it away.  Well, you *can*, but doing
> >> so breaks the email delivery system.  If reject it, your backup MX will
> >> then bounce it to the ostensible sender, which is very likely forged.
>
> > For stuff I block via sendmail, I 550 it, even from my MX.  I am not
> > sure what my MX does with it, but no one has complained.
>
> You're contributing to the problem then.  Your MX will bounce the
> message back to the (likely forged) envelope sender.

I think I looked into this a while ago and couldn't figure out a way to
discard a message from my MX without downloading it.  Any ideas out
there?

The sendmail code looks like:

  R$* from $+ ($-@[$+]) by west.navpoint.com $*                   $: $>Basic_check_relay [$4] $| $4

Maybe I have to make a custom version of Basic_check_relay that does a
download/discard?

> These days I actually have a worse problem with bogus bounce reports
> than I do with spam.  It's very difficult to filter mail bounce messages
> without risking losing real bounces --- over the past month or two I'd
> say that only one or two spams have made it into my inbox, but hundreds
> of bounces of spam and viruses with my name forged to them have made it.

I actually ignore bounces from my PostgreSQL account.  I gave up.