Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: [OT] Tom's/Marc's spam filters?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 12:44:05AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> These days I actually have a worse problem with bogus bounce reports
> than I do with spam.

Especially the bounces that contain oh-so-helpful warnings that one's
email contained a virus.  I wouldn't grouse about that, except that
my account at work recently got such a message from, of all places,
Berkeley.  It contained the helpful note that, since this is one of
those email virus thingies, it may be that I didn't send the mail,
because a lot of them forge the From: header.  It's bad enough that
the incredibly stupid, lazy, evil antivirus programs "helpfully" send
mail about this.  It's just mind-boggling that someone would on
purpose enable this brain-dead "feature" and take the time to point
out how totally worthless it is.

</rant>

--
Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca