Re: Problem restoring a dump

От Gabriele Bartolini
Тема Re: Problem restoring a dump
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
 Hi Johann,

    as Giulio pointed out, it seems like the destination database is in
 LATIN1 encoding, rather than UTF8. Could you please confirm this?

    By reading the little information we have, it seems like you have an
 export in UTF8 and you are trying to load it into a LATIN1 database. If
 you specify the client_encoding you are actually informing psql that you
 are reading UTF8 - which is probably fine given the above assumptions -
 but that does not specify how the information is then stored in the
 database. That's decided by the database encoding.

    Also, I suggest that you dump your database using the destination
 version's pg_dump rather than the source's.

    Please keep us posted.

 Cheers,
 Gabriele