Re: Problem restoring a dump

От Johann Spies
Тема Re: Problem restoring a dump
Дата
Re: Problem restoring a dump  (Craig Ringer <ringerc@ringerc.id.au>)
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks Giulio and Gabriele,

>     as Giulio pointed out, it seems like the destination database is in
>  LATIN1 encoding, rather than UTF8. Could you please confirm this?

That was the case.  I deleted one of the databases and recreated it with
as a UTF-8 encoded database and the import went well.

Question:  Can I change the encoding system of an existing database?  If
so, how?

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

     "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are
      your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens
      are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than
      your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."
                               Isaiah 55:8,9