Re: Can I delete all WAL logfiles if the database is shutdown without errors?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Can I delete all WAL logfiles if the database is shutdown without errors?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Joost Kraaijeveld" <J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl> writes:
> Can I safely delete all the WAL log files in PGDATA/pg_xlog directory if the database has been shut down correctly,
becauseI lowered the number of logfiles in postgresql.conf?

All but the one holding the latest checkpoint record (pg_controldata
will tell you which one that is).  I'm not sure why you'd bother though.
The next checkpoint should remove any excess log files, there's no need
to do it manually.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: VACUUM Error?
От: Joost Kraaijeveld
Сообщение: Re: Can I delete all WAL logfiles if the database is