Re: Can I delete all WAL logfiles if the database is

От Joost Kraaijeveld
Тема Re: Can I delete all WAL logfiles if the database is
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Tom,

> "Joost Kraaijeveld" <J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl> writes:
> > Can I safely delete all the WAL log files in PGDATA/pg_xlog directory if the database has been shut down correctly,
becauseI lowered the number of logfiles in postgresql.conf?

> All but the one holding the latest checkpoint record (pg_controldata
> will tell you which one that is).  I'm not sure why you'd bother though.
> The next checkpoint should remove any excess log files, there's no need
> to do it manually.
Ah, I did not know that. I will wait and do nothing.

Thanks

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
e-mail: J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl
web: www.askesis.nl

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Can I delete all WAL logfiles if the database is shutdown without errors?
От: Fabrice.Sznajderman@devoteam.com
Сообщение: Re: VACUUM Error?