Re: initdb fails on AIX

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: initdb fails on AIX
Дата
Re: initdb fails on AIX  ("Nicholson, Brad (Toronto, ON, CA)" <bnicholson@hp.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
CS DBA <cs_dba@consistentstate.com> writes:
> On 08/10/2011 01:16 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> This means that initdb tried to execute "postgres -V" and didn't get any
>> output.  What happens when you try that directly?

> See below.  One oddity, if I compile without the --with-openssl flag
> (for the configure command) then it works fine.

> exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./postgres because of the following
> errors:
>          0509-150   Dependent module libcrypto.a(libcrypto.so.0.9.7)
> could not be loaded.
>          0509-022 Cannot load module libcrypto.a(libcrypto.so.0.9.7).
>          0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name
> does not exist.

Well, yeah.  It looks like there is something pretty broken about your
openssl installation.  At the very least you need a LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or
local equivalent) pointing to wherever libcrypto.so is hiding ... but
a reasonable installation of openssl should have taken care of that for
you.  Possibly you could build postgres with an rpath (or local
equivalent) pointing to openssl's library directory.