Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers
Дата
Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 04/20/2011 04:09 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 21:54, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>  wrote:
>>> BTW, just as a thought experiment: what about a one-day CF once a week?
>>> "Patch Tuesdays", if you will.  Spend all day reviewing/committing,
>>> bounce back whatever is not ready, patch authors try again next week.

>> I think that would pretty much kill the process for any committer who
>> is not employed to work full-time on postgresql *development*.

> Yeah, I can't organize my time that way either.

True, and any fixed day of the week would let out X number of people
anyway.  But ignoring scheduling difficulties, my point here is that
it seems like the shorter the cycle, the better, for a lot of purposes.
Can we do any better than once-a-month, or is that the limit given that
people need flexible schedules within the fest?