Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> But ignoring scheduling difficulties, my point here is that
> it seems like the shorter the cycle, the better, for a lot of
> purposes.  Can we do any better than once-a-month, or is that the
> limit given that people need flexible schedules within the fest?

If you want to keep the basic idea of predictable periods of activity
and rest, I think that's as far as you can go.

I'm personally not terribly tied to that; I'm more interested in the
tool support that the CF gives us.  I might also like, for example, just
a permanent patch queue with patches sorted by date.  Multiple
approaches like that could also very well exist in parallel, even within
the existing commitfest application framework.