Re: Small bug on CREATE EXTENSION pgq...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Small bug on CREATE EXTENSION pgq...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> * David Johnston (david.g.johnston@gmail.com) wrote:
>> Fair enough but "reset" to what?  I don't know the internal mechanics but
>> if the session default is "warning" and a local change sets it to "notice"
>> then an unconditional reset would not get us back to the intended value.

> Yeah, we'd really want to reset it to "what it was before."

An extension script runs as a single transaction, so SET LOCAL could've
been used to accomplish the result without trashing the session-lifespan
setting.

I'm not sure whether or not there was good reason to be changing the
setting at all, but it's entirely on the extension script's head that
it didn't do this in a less invasive way.