Re: pg_upgrade and rsync

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: pg_upgrade and rsync
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/28/2015 02:28 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 01/28/2015 02:10 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> So 390MB were transferred out of a possible 474MB.  That certainly seems
>> like we're still transferring the majority of the data, even though I
>> verified that the hard links are being sent as hard links.  No?
>
> Looks like the majority of that was pg_xlog.  Going to tear this down
> and start over, and --exclude pg_xlog.

So, having redone this without the pg_xlog lag, this appears to work in
terms of cutting down the rsync volume.

I'm concerned about putting this in the main docs, though.  This is a
complex, and fragile procedure, which is very easy to get wrong, and
hard to explain for a generic case.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.