Re: [ADMIN] recreating point-in-time recovery when tables are innon-default tablespace

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: [ADMIN] recreating point-in-time recovery when tables are innon-default tablespace
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Mark Steben wrote:
> I have in the past been successful in creating a hot standby environment as all my tables were in one cluster on one
disk.
> The base backup (I used tar) easily copied all tables and then the tar extract easily restored them on our standby
server.
> Since the last time this process was invoked I moved about 14 of these tables to a non-default tablespace on another
disk
> (to alleviate space issues)  Now the base backup does NOT pick up these tables and I am getting errors on the restore
side.

>  Here is a copy the error:
>
> : WARNING:  page 36107 of relation pg_tblspc/1057768125/PG_9.4_201409291/16469/2231796047 is uninitialized
> Nov 14 13:46:20 ardbc01dr postgres[58399]: [572-2] @: CONTEXT:  xlog redo delete: index 1057768125/16469/2231796047;
iblk36107, heap 1663/16469/2202113342;

> Nov 14 13:46:20 ardbc01dr postgres[58399]: [573-1] @: PANIC:  WAL contains references to invalid pages
> Nov 14 13:46:20 ardbc01dr postgres[58399]: [573-2] @: CONTEXT:  xlog redo delete: index 1057768125/16469/2231796047;
iblk36107, heap 1663/16469/2202113342;

> Nov 14 13:46:21 ardbc01dr postgres[58398]: [3-1] @: LOG:  startup process (PID 58399) was terminated by signal 6:
Aborted

> Am I out of luck here?  Do I need to somehow move these tables back to the original cluster?  Or is there another
way?

I'd guess that you forgot to run
  SELECT pg_start_backup('your_label');

before you copied the file and
  SELECT pg_start_backup();

afterwards.

That will cause the backup to be corrupt.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe