Re: [ADMIN] recreating point-in-time recovery when tables are innon-default tablespace

От Johannes Truschnigg
Тема Re: [ADMIN] recreating point-in-time recovery when tables are innon-default tablespace
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 02:54:06PM -0500, Mark Steben wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> I have in the past been successful in creating a hot standby environment as
> all my tables were in one cluster on one disk. The base backup (I used tar)
> easily copied all tables and then the tar extract easily restored them on
> our standby server. [...]

Why don't you use pg_basebackup instead? It will take care of the gory details
and also handles tablespaces and tablespace mapping for you.

--
with best regards:
- Johannes Truschnigg ( johannes@truschnigg.info )

www:   https://johannes.truschnigg.info/
phone: +43 650 2 133337
xmpp:  johannes@truschnigg.info

Please do not bother me with HTML-email or attachments. Thank you.