Обсуждение: [ADMIN] recreating point-in-time recovery when tables are in non-default tablespace

[ADMIN] recreating point-in-time recovery when tables are in non-default tablespace

От
Mark Steben
Дата:
Good afternoon,

I have in the past been successful in creating a hot standby environment as all my tables were in one cluster on one disk. The base backup (I used tar) easily copied all tables and then the tar extract easily restored them on our standby server.  Since the last time this process was invoked I moved about 14 of these tables to a non-default tablespace on another disk (to alleviate space issues)  Now the base backup does NOT pick up these tables and I am getting errors on the restore side. Here is a copy the error:

: WARNING:  page 36107 of relation pg_tblspc/1057768125/PG_9.4_201409291/16469/2231796047 is uninitialized
Nov 14 13:46:20 ardbc01dr postgres[58399]: [572-2] @: CONTEXT:  xlog redo delete: index 1057768125/16469/2231796047; iblk 36107, heap 1663/16469/2202113342;
Nov 14 13:46:20 ardbc01dr postgres[58399]: [573-1] @: PANIC:  WAL contains references to invalid pages
Nov 14 13:46:20 ardbc01dr postgres[58399]: [573-2] @: CONTEXT:  xlog redo delete: index 1057768125/16469/2231796047; iblk 36107, heap 1663/16469/2202113342;
Nov 14 13:46:21 ardbc01dr postgres[58398]: [3-1] @: LOG:  startup process (PID 58399) was terminated by signal 6: Aborted

Am I out of luck here?  Do I need to somehow move these tables back to the original cluster?  Or is there another way?

Appreciate your time looking at this.

--
Mark Steben
 Database Administrator

t: 413.327-3045
f: 413.383-9567

www.fb.com/DominionDealerSolutions
www.twitter.com/DominionDealer
 www.drivedominion.com

Re: [ADMIN] recreating point-in-time recovery when tables are innon-default tablespace

От
Laurenz Albe
Дата:
Mark Steben wrote:
> I have in the past been successful in creating a hot standby environment as all my tables were in one cluster on one
disk.
> The base backup (I used tar) easily copied all tables and then the tar extract easily restored them on our standby
server.
> Since the last time this process was invoked I moved about 14 of these tables to a non-default tablespace on another
disk
> (to alleviate space issues)  Now the base backup does NOT pick up these tables and I am getting errors on the restore
side.

>  Here is a copy the error:
>
> : WARNING:  page 36107 of relation pg_tblspc/1057768125/PG_9.4_201409291/16469/2231796047 is uninitialized
> Nov 14 13:46:20 ardbc01dr postgres[58399]: [572-2] @: CONTEXT:  xlog redo delete: index 1057768125/16469/2231796047;
iblk36107, heap 1663/16469/2202113342;

> Nov 14 13:46:20 ardbc01dr postgres[58399]: [573-1] @: PANIC:  WAL contains references to invalid pages
> Nov 14 13:46:20 ardbc01dr postgres[58399]: [573-2] @: CONTEXT:  xlog redo delete: index 1057768125/16469/2231796047;
iblk36107, heap 1663/16469/2202113342;

> Nov 14 13:46:21 ardbc01dr postgres[58398]: [3-1] @: LOG:  startup process (PID 58399) was terminated by signal 6:
Aborted

> Am I out of luck here?  Do I need to somehow move these tables back to the original cluster?  Or is there another
way?

I'd guess that you forgot to run
  SELECT pg_start_backup('your_label');

before you copied the file and
  SELECT pg_start_backup();

afterwards.

That will cause the backup to be corrupt.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: [ADMIN] recreating point-in-time recovery when tables are innon-default tablespace

От
Johannes Truschnigg
Дата:
On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 02:54:06PM -0500, Mark Steben wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> I have in the past been successful in creating a hot standby environment as
> all my tables were in one cluster on one disk. The base backup (I used tar)
> easily copied all tables and then the tar extract easily restored them on
> our standby server. [...]

Why don't you use pg_basebackup instead? It will take care of the gory details
and also handles tablespaces and tablespace mapping for you.

--
with best regards:
- Johannes Truschnigg ( johannes@truschnigg.info )

www:   https://johannes.truschnigg.info/
phone: +43 650 2 133337
xmpp:  johannes@truschnigg.info

Please do not bother me with HTML-email or attachments. Thank you.

Re: [ADMIN] recreating point-in-time recovery when tables are innon-default tablespace

От
Mark Steben
Дата:
Thank you gentlemen, for your prompt response.
Laurenz, I have pg_start_backup and pg_stop_backup included in my base backup shell script.  They ran.

Johannes, I will attempt using pg_basebackup.  It looks like the tablespace-mapping option would help here.

Thanks again