Re: Error in running DBT2

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: Error in running DBT2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote
> On 05/15/2014 06:37 PM, Rohit Goyal wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am using centOS6 and after all confugration, I run the below command
>>
>> *dbt2-run-workload -a pgsql -d 120 -w 1 -o /tmp/result -c 10
>> *
>> *Error:*
>> Stage 3. Processing of results...
>> Killing client...
>> waiting for server to shut down.... done
>> server stopped
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/tmp/dbt2/bin/dbt2-post-process", line 14, in
> <module>
>>     import rpy2.robjects as robjects
>> ImportError: No module named rpy2.robjects
>> Test completed.
>> Results are in: /tmp/result
>>
>> Please guide me !! :)
>>

> Do these questions about running dbt2 even belong on pgsql-hackers? They
> seem to me to be usage questions that belong on pgsql-general.
>
> They are also woefully inadequate in the detail they provide. I don't
> see how anyone could take the above report and give any sort of opinion,
> other than that it is a pythin error and not apparently a postgres error
> at all.

Actually,

osdldbt-general@lists.sourceforge.net

would be the proper location and I do see that the OP has found said mailing
list and even got a response a few days ago.

I guess it makes some sense to shout help from the rooftops but likely
anyone willing and able to personal training to a DBT2 newbie is going to be
monitoring the aforementioned list.

One other suggestion is, after seeing such an error as above, actually
telling people that you have made some rudimentary attempt to confirm that,
indeed you have:

1) Python installed
2) R installed
3) The python module "rpy2" installed

I am thinking centOS6 doesn't have a packaging system that ensures that all
dependencies are present and so it seems that the user needs to do so and
affirm that such is the case when asking for help.

Another helpful outcome of trying to understand what people need to help you
is that you would realize that the message "Results are in: /tmp/result"
indicates that there is an additional file that someone debugging (you or
someone on these mailing lists) would likely find helpful to review.  Attach
that file - either in full or in part - or at least indicate you looked at
it and didn't see anything unusual (unlikely that, though).

Sorry I cannot help you directly but maybe I can help you be more successful
in asking for help in the future :)

Good Luck!

David J.

IOW: Guiding someone through debugging on an mailing list is very tedious
and difficult for the people doing the guiding - do as much exploring as
possible on your own and tell people where you have already been and what
you have seen.