Re: Regression tests versus the buildfarm environment

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Regression tests versus the buildfarm environment
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On ons, 2010-08-11 at 16:17 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> We should have the buildfarm configuration such that any one run uses
>> the same port number for both installed and uninstalled regression
>> tests.

> I'm getting lost here what the actual requirements are.  The above is
> obviously not going to work as a default for pg_regress, because the
> port number for an installed test is determined by the user and is
> likely to be in the public range, whereas the uninstalled test should
> use something from the private range.

Certainly, but the buildfarm's "installed" test doesn't try to start on
5432.  It starts on whatever branch_port the buildfarm owner has
specified for that animal and that branch.  It's the owner's
responsibility to make that nonconflicting across the services and
buildfarm critters he has running on a given machine.  What I'm saying
is that *in the buildfarm* we want the "make check" case to also use
this predetermined safe port number.  That has nothing whatever to do
with what is good practice for other cases.