Re: Regression tests versus the buildfarm environment

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Regression tests versus the buildfarm environment
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
type="cite"><prewrap="">Peter Eisentraut <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:peter_e@gmx.net"><peter_e@gmx.net></a>writes:

the same port number for both installed and uninstalled regression
tests.
obviously not going to work as a default for pg_regress, because the
port number for an installed test is determined by the user and is
likely to be in the public range, whereas the uninstalled test should
use something from the private range.
Certainly, but the buildfarm's "installed" test doesn't try to start on
5432.  It starts on whatever branch_port the buildfarm owner has
specified for that animal and that branch.  It's the owner's
responsibility to make that nonconflicting across the services and
buildfarm critters he has running on a given machine.  What I'm saying
is that *in the buildfarm* we want the "make check" case to also use
this predetermined safe port number.  That has nothing whatever to do
with what is good practice for other cases.

providefor a TMP_PORT setting that gets passed to pg_regress<li>change src/tools/msvc/vcregress.pl to
options.</ul><br/> I don't think this should preclude changing the way we calculate the default port for pg_regress,