Re: 2 PGSQL instances in the same server

От Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Тема Re: 2 PGSQL instances in the same server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 12:13 -0300, Ramiro Barreca wrote:
> We need to have, for migration, either an instance of our actual PG
> 8.4.4 and a new one of PG 9.0 for testing.
> Where can we found a paper for helping us?
> Our platform is Centos 5.4 x86 64 bits

Barring a bug that prevents yum to install both of them to be installed
at the same time, you can install 8.4+9.0 RPMs on the same machine. See
this comment related to this bug, and how to workaround it:

http://people.planetpostgresql.org/devrim/index.php?/archives/48-What-is-new-in-PostgreSQL-9.0-RPMs.html#c202

(Actually it is not a bug, it was an oversight)

I have already fixed it in SVN, but I could not find time to build
updated packages (I'm at PgWest). I'll blog about it once the packages
are ready (maybe later today).

So download 9.0 RPMs from

http://yum.pgrpms.org/9.0/redhat/rhel-5-x86_64/

(The ones starting with postgresql90-*-9.0.1-* )

and install them manually as written in the comment above. That should
be enough.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: 2 PGSQL instances in the same server
Сообщение: Re: 2 PGSQL instances in the same server