Re: Off-site storage for PITR logs

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Off-site storage for PITR logs
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 18:40 +0200, Nicos Panayides wrote:

> I am planning an off-site backup solution for a fairly busy
> (mostly-write) 8.3 database. The database is currently about 200GB in
> size. I though about using log shipping and cold standby since it's easy
> in terms of administration and also offers point in time recovery.
>
> The database generates about 3 PITR log files per minute. If my
> calculations are correct the sites need to be connected with a 7MBit
> connection and the logs will need about 68GB of storage per day!
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to significantly reduce the
> volume of log files or recommend another off-site backup solution that
> would require less bandwidth and storage?

Consider turning off full_page_writes which will permanently minimise
the amount of WAL traffic, as well as being an integrated and
fully-supported option with Postgres. You will need additional
non-volatile cache on your disks to ensure that is a safe option, though
that will yield performance advantages also.

Сообщение: Re: remote pg_dump hangs always at same table
Сообщение: Re: remote pg_dump hangs always at same table