Off-site storage for PITR logs

От Nicos Panayides
Тема Off-site storage for PITR logs
Дата
Re: Off-site storage for PITR logs  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
Re: Off-site storage for PITR logs  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,
I am planning an off-site backup solution for a fairly busy
(mostly-write) 8.3 database. The database is currently about 200GB in
size. I though about using log shipping and cold standby since it's easy
in terms of administration and also offers point in time recovery.

The database generates about 3 PITR log files per minute. If my
calculations are correct the sites need to be connected with a 7MBit
connection and the logs will need about 68GB of storage per day!

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to significantly reduce the
volume of log files or recommend another off-site backup solution that
would require less bandwidth and storage?

Thanks.

--
Regards,

Nicos Panayides