Re: BUG #17245: Index corruption involving deduplicated entries

От Kamigishi Rei
Тема Re: BUG #17245: Index corruption involving deduplicated entries
Дата
Re: BUG #17245: Index corruption involving deduplicated entries  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On 29.10.2021 0:42, Andres Freund wrote:
>> Unfortunately there's no WAL archiving, and no available WAL files from
>> before the state was known to be corrupt. We'll look into enabling
>> archiving in case the problem recurs or can be reproduced.
>
> Any chance autovacuum logging was enabled and that those logs still exist? Not
> quite as good as still having the WAL, but it still might allow us to
> reconstruct the index / vacuum scans, and the horizons used.

The issue manifested again earlier today *after* a REINDEX followed by
enabling WAL replica logging on the 24th of October. I saved a snapshot
of the filesystem holding the data directory. Would that be useful for
further analysis?

(The daily vacuum runs have not been disabled so there have been at
least 3 since.)

--
K. R.