Re: what is the maximum number of rows in a table in postgresql 8.1

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: what is the maximum number of rows in a table in postgresql 8.1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 17:42 +0530, sathiya psql wrote:

>         I am not sure I understand your question.  maybe this link
>         answers
>         your question:
>         http://www.postgresql.org/about/
> this i know.....
>
> this is the documentation limitations...
>
> i need what will be the maximum number of rows to have good
> performance in postgres 8.1

You want a simple answer to a very difficult question and regrettably it
isn't that simple or that quick.

Some of the considerations you would need to think about would be:

* What workloads are you running?
* What hardware will it run on?
* What performance is required?

  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Сообщение: Re: what is the maximum number of rows in a table in postgresql 8.1
Сообщение: Re: what is the maximum number of rows in a table in postgresql 8.1