Re: MySQL Gets Functions in Java - Enlightenment Please

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: MySQL Gets Functions in Java - Enlightenment Please
Re: MySQL Gets Functions in Java - Enlightenment Please
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 2003-12-21 at 08:37, Paul Thomas wrote:
> On 20/12/2003 18:04 Dave Cramer wrote:
> > I'm actually starting to write one of these for postgres, and apparently
> > there is another one in the works, from Thomas Hallgren.
> >
> > There is at least one significant architectural issue here to deal with
> >
> > Is it more desirable to have a single java vm and communicate via RPC,
> > or some other mechanism? ie sockets, or ? The alternative is to
> > instantiate a java vm for every connection, this could be onerous as
> > there would be considerable overhead for each java vm.
>
> I think anything other than a single jvm would be too much of a
> performance hit.

Ok, I tend to agree, so does anyone have any preferences for a protocol?
RMI, RPC, XML-RPC ? Anything better?

> > This will all go away as soon as java version 1.5 comes out but in the
> > meantime, what does everyone think
> >
> > Comments are welcome.
>
> On platforms built with GCC3.2+, GCJ might be an alternative.
There are numerous issues with classpath stuff with GCJ, but I'm
certainly willing to look at it.

Dave

От: Arjen van der Meijden
Сообщение: Re: Tables Referencing themselves As Foreign Keys
От: "Tony (Unihost)"
Сообщение: Re: MySQL Gets Functions in Java - Enlightenment Please