Re: MySQL Gets Functions in Java - Enlightenment Please

От Paul Thomas
Тема Re: MySQL Gets Functions in Java - Enlightenment Please
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 22/12/2003 13:17 Dave Cramer wrote:
> [snip]
> > I think anything other than a single jvm would be too much of a
> > performance hit.
>
> Ok, I tend to agree, so does anyone have any preferences for a protocol?
> RMI, RPC, XML-RPC ? Anything better?

My instinct would be to go with something fast and lightweight.

> > On platforms built with GCC3.2+, GCJ might be an alternative.
> There are numerous issues with classpath stuff with GCJ, but I'm
> certainly willing to look at it.

Yes, it has its problems I agree. And it would only be available on a
small subset of all the platforms on which PostgreSQL runs. But it would
eliminate the need for a jvm which is why I suggested it. Swings and
roundabouts I suppose.

--
Paul Thomas
Business |