Re: State of Beta 2

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: State of Beta 2
Дата
Re: State of Beta 2  (Dennis Gearon <gearond@fireserve.net>)
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 10:50, Andrew Rawnsley wrote:
> Small soapbox moment here...
>
> ANYTHING that can be done to eliminate having to do an initdb on
> version changes would make a lot of people do cartwheels. 'Do a
> dump/reload' sometimes comes across a bit casually on the lists (my
> apologies if it isn't meant to be), but it can be be incredibly onerous
> to do on a large production system. That's probably why you run across
> people running stupid-old versions.

And this will become even more of an issue as it's PG's popularity
grows with large and 24x7 databases.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

An ad run by the NEA (the US's biggest public school TEACHERS
UNION) in the Spring and Summer of 2003 asks a teenager if he
can find sodium and *chloride* in the periodic table of the elements.
And they wonder why people think public schools suck...

Сообщение: Re: Why do I need to pass value for Serial type in Insert/Update?
Сообщение: Re: Why do I need to pass value for Serial type in