Re: SAP DB: The unsung Open Source DB

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: SAP DB: The unsung Open Source DB
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 10:32, Dennis Gearon wrote:
> I've never seen this work before. the only version of this scenario
> that works, is to buy the competitor, and learn their code, put the
> competitor out of business, and force the competitor's company to
> use a half ass bridge version for one rev of a vision, then the
> next version force them to your supposedly improved flagship product.
> Can anyone say:
>
>     Microsoft?
>     Oracle?

The exception that proves the rule:
http://www.oracle.com/peoplesoft/Rdb_CaseStudyE.pdf
While O would love us to migrate to 9i, there has been no pressure,
and their engineering and tech support is still top quality.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |