Re: How to stop a particular database - reg.

От Shanmugasundaram Doraisamy
Тема Re: How to stop a particular database - reg.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dear Mallah,     Thank you for you reply.  What I would like to do is to stop or
start a particular database.  The problem is this, we have been trying
to use a connection pooling example that was given in the jdbc list.
What happened was there were more connections that what we had set as
the max_connections.  This actually prevented users of the other
database from using postgres as the max_connections set in the postgres
conf has long been exceed by this error in the connection pooling
program.  So now what I want to do is to just stop the DB on which we
were testing the connection pooling without disturbing the others.  Hope
this clarrifies your doubts.  Please do let me know if there is any
thing else that you would like to know.

Thanks,

Shan.

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 18:29, Rajesh Kumar Mallah wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you are trying to make one database inaccesable you may revoke
> the permissions from it temporarily. i hope its allowed in postgresql.
>
> If you have changed a config parameter and want it to take effect , you
> may try pg_ctl reload.
>
> Can you please tell us the original problem
> you are trying to solve?
>

> regds
> mallah.
>
> On Wednesday 19 Mar 2003 12:38 pm, Shanmugasundaram Doraisamy wrote:
> > Dear Group!
> >         I have a DB server running Postgres 7.2.3.  On this server I have
> > multiple databases running.  I would like to stop & start a particular
> > DB.  How do I do this.
> >
> > for example.  I have databases named test, test1, test2, etc.  Now I
> > would like to stop only test2 without affecting the other DB's.  Please
> > advice.
> >
> > Thanking you,
> >
> > Yours sincerely,
> >
> > Shan.

> > http://archives.postgresql.org
> >

> --
> Rajesh Kumar Mallah,
> Project Manager (Development)
> Infocom Network Limited, New Delhi
> phone: +91(11)6152172 (221) (L) ,9811255597 (M)
>
> Visit http://www.trade-india.com ,
> India's Leading B2B eMarketplace.

Сообщение: Re: How to stop a particular database - reg.
Сообщение: Re: How to stop a particular database - reg.