Re: Old revised version, and a new one

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Old revised version, and a new one
Дата
Список pgsql-www

Yup.

> > The problem with increasing the left/right ad borders is
> that you then
> > need to do the top/bottom as well or it just looks wrong.
> >
> > One this I did try previously that I seem to recall I liked
> but Marc
> > wasn't so keen on (though maybe not for this reason) was
> including a
> > solid title bar just below the header, right the way across.
>
> I was thinking something very similar. You could take the
> links that are currently banner and make something like a
> menu bar running beneath the ads, the logotype, and the logo.
> This would also give us a lot more space for varying length
> menu terms. I'm probably not the first person to suggest
> this. Was there a reason why it wasn't implemented? I'll try
> something like this as well.

I was designing the current site around this time last year and we got through about 15 versions of the site before we
allagreed on this one. I forget the exact reasons why any of them were rejected to be honest (not that I can even
rememberwhat most of them looked like anyway!).

> Speaking of which, are there originals of the logotype and
> logo floating around somewhere? I've been keen to clean up
> some of the pixelation (from jpg compression?), but it might
> be easier just to recreate them from the originals than spend
> the time pushing pixels.

Sorry, I did them from the logo on techdocs. I never had any vector images for them. However, I have a funny feeling
oneof the pgAdmin team worked up a vector version of Slonik (the elephant - betcha didn't know it had a name!). I'll
emailhim.

Cheers, Dave.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Old revised version, and a new one
Сообщение: Re: Old revised version, and a new one