Old revised version, and a new one

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Old revised version, and a new one
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Hello all!

I've uploaded a revised version of the page Andreas hosted for me
before at
http://www.grzm.com/postgresql_org/html/index.htm

Within the limitations of the table format it used, I think most of the
CSS problems have been corrected. I've tested it on Safari, and the Mac
versions of MSIE5.2, Opera 6.03, Mozilla Firebird, and Camino. They're
pretty much the same, though the fonts appear bigger in Opera. I'm not
sure why, though it might be because the default font size in Opera is
bigger than in other browsers. I don't think this particular design
(with fixed sidebar widths) has much of a future, but I wanted to try
to eliminate the previous CSS mistakes.

I've also loaded an alternative version without fixed sidebar widths.

http://localhost/pgweb/html/index3.htm

I've tested this one as well (same browsers), and feedback in browsers
on other
platforms as well as page design are of course appreciated. I organized
it a bit differently, though I think pretty much everything's still
there. Again, font sizes are appear bigger in Opera on my machine. How
big of a problem is this? Another thing I'm concerned about is the tag
line in the banner: when the window is narrow, the line breaks causing
some height problems.

WIthout resorting to an image or making the font really really small,
the line will break when the window narrows, though we could probably
choose the mode of failure. And there's of course the option to just
cut it. I replaced the links with the tag line because I thought there
was quite a bit of duplication in this design, with the reworked
sidebar.

Thanks again, Andreas, for hosting the previous version!

Michael

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: