Re: Old revised version, and a new one

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: Old revised version, and a new one
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Friday, November 14, 2003, at 06:50 PM, Dave Page wrote:
> Sorry, I did them from the logo on techdocs. I never had any vector
> images for them.

No problem. jpeg, as you know, uses lossy compression. Any time you
resave it, you're going to lose something. png would be nice, but so
far few browsers read it. Wanna lead the bleeding edge? (Of course, gif
doesn't have this problem, but I try to stay away from people who throw
their licensing weight around. :)

When svg becomes more of widely implemented...

> However, I have a funny feeling one of the pgAdmin team worked up a
> vector version of Slonik (the elephant - betcha didn't know it had a
> name!).

Thanks for the trivia. I'll be sure to pull it out at my next cocktail
party!

What's sad is that I wasn't sure if it was an elephant—not because it
doesn't look like one, but being in Japan for nearly 5 years has taken
it's toll on my vocabulary. I wasn't sure there wasn't a more accurate
word for it. I was thinking mammoth or mastodon were possible
alternatives, but refrained from saying anything more specific than
"logo".  I've since checked the dictionary. I'm relieved to find out
that both are related to elephants, though Slonik appears to be neither.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: