RES: 20110408pg upgrade fix: How do I know if I am being affected before errors occur

От Carlos Sotto Maior \(SIM\)
Тема RES: 20110408pg upgrade fix: How do I know if I am being affected before errors occur
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I just noticed this thread today.
I am running 9.0.3.  I Read the 20110408 upgrade fix announcement, checked
pg_clog/ and noticed that it show only a single 0000 file.

I understand I may be hit by the mentioned problem.

Yes, I do have all tar archives available, but since my Database is
relatively small I can afford dumping / recreating and restoring this night
which is great.

My questions are:
Having a single 0000 in the pg_clog directory is indicative that my database
has been hit ?
If I run a database wise 'vacuum freeze' and all goes well does it means I
do not have to take any action?
Dumping and recreating the data base would be my best option to get rid of
this potential  problem. Correct ?

Thanks,

Carlos Sotto Maior
+55 11 8244-7899
csotto@sistemassim.com.br

Sistemas Sim Serviços e Tecnologia Ltda.
+55 11 5041-3086
Rua Tenente Gomes Ribeiro, 78
Vila Clementino (Próximo ao Metro Santa Cruz)
São Paulo - SP
04038-040