Re: RES: 20110408pg upgrade fix: How do I know if I am being affected before errors occur

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: RES: 20110408pg upgrade fix: How do I know if I am being affected before errors occur
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Carlos Sotto Maior (SIM)" <csotto@sistemassim.com.br> wrote:

> If I run a database wise 'vacuum freeze' and all goes well does it
> means I do not have to take any action?

If you run it in all databases except template0, and it doesn't
generate any errors, you are good.

> Dumping and recreating the data base would be my best option to
> get rid of this potential  problem. Correct ?

If you're in a state where a simple VACUUM FREEZE won't fix it, the
pg_dump won't run without error, and won't contain all your data.

-Kevin