Re: Joel's Performance Issues WAS : Opteron vs Xeon

От: Joel Fradkin
Тема: Re: Joel's Performance Issues WAS : Opteron vs Xeon
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Re: Joel's Performance Issues WAS : Opteron vs Xeon  ("Dave Page", )
 Re: Joel's Performance Issues WAS : Opteron vs Xeon  (Andreas Pflug, )
  Re: Joel's Performance Issues WAS : Opteron vs Xeon  ("Joel Fradkin", )
   Re: Joel's Performance Issues WAS : Opteron vs Xeon  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: Joel's Performance Issues WAS : Opteron vs Xeon  (Alvaro Herrera, )
    Re: Joel's Performance Issues WAS : Opteron vs Xeon  (Mischa Sandberg, )
    Re: Joel's Performance Issues WAS : Opteron vs Xeon  ("Joel Fradkin", )
     Re: Joel's Performance Issues WAS : Opteron vs Xeon  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
      Re: Joel's Performance Issues WAS : Opteron vs Xeon  ("Joel Fradkin", )
       Re: Joel's Performance Issues WAS : Opteron vs Xeon  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
        Re: Joel's Performance Issues WAS : Opteron vs Xeon  (, )
      Re: Joel's Performance Issues WAS : Opteron vs Xeon  (Christopher Browne, )

I just finished testing Postgres, MYSQL, and MSSQL on my machine (2 gigs
internal XP).

I have adjusted the postgres config to what I think is an ok place and have
mysql default and mssql default.

Using Aqua studio a program that hooks to all three I have found:

      Initial exec  Second exec  Returning 331,640 records on all 3 database
MSSQL    468ms          16ms              2 mins 3  secs
MYSQL   14531ms       6625ms              2 mins 42 secs
Postgr  52120ms      11702ms              2 mins 15 secs

Not sure if this proves your point on PGadmin versus MYSQL query tool versus
MSSQL Query tool, but it certainly seems encouraging.

I am going to visit Josh's tests he wanted me to run on the LINUX server.

Joel Fradkin