Re: Joel's Performance Issues WAS : Opteron vs Xeon

От Joel Fradkin
Тема Re: Joel's Performance Issues WAS : Opteron vs Xeon
Дата
Re: Joel's Performance Issues WAS : Opteron vs Xeon  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl>)
Список pgsql-performance
I just finished testing Postgres, MYSQL, and MSSQL on my machine (2 gigs
internal XP).

I have adjusted the postgres config to what I think is an ok place and have
mysql default and mssql default.

Using Aqua studio a program that hooks to all three I have found:

      Initial exec  Second exec  Returning 331,640 records on all 3 database
MSSQL    468ms          16ms              2 mins 3  secs
MYSQL   14531ms       6625ms              2 mins 42 secs
Postgr  52120ms      11702ms              2 mins 15 secs

Not sure if this proves your point on PGadmin versus MYSQL query tool versus
MSSQL Query tool, but it certainly seems encouraging.

I am going to visit Josh's tests he wanted me to run on the LINUX server.

Joel Fradkin