RE : PostgreSQL coredump : Couldn't find any tables,

От Bruno BAGUETTE
Тема RE : PostgreSQL coredump : Couldn't find any tables,
Дата
Re: RE : PostgreSQL coredump : Couldn't find any tables,  (Tony Grant <tony@tgds.net>)
Список pgsql-general
re-Hello,

> 1. don't touch anything  before making a copy of all
> directories on another disk

I've a tar.gz of all the pgsql directories, so it's ok ! :-)

> 2. attempt recovery from the copy

I've already tried to do recovery using vacuumdb, but it don't changes
anything... And I can't use pg_restore because I don't have the dumps of
theses DB, only the PostgreSQL files.

> failure a couple of years ago I think it was 6.5.2

The archives in the www.postgresql.org don't return anything about my
problem with "recovery after hardware failure" or "recovery tony
grant"... By the way, can you give the month/year of the message ? (That
would be easier to find the message)

> 4. things are much easier with 7.xx you really should upgrade.

I would like to upgrade to 7.3.3 but I have first to get 6.5.2 running
in order to get the possibility to start a dump and to launch the
install into a PostgreSQL 7.3.3 server.

Thanks really much for your help ! :-)

Bruno BAGUETTE - pgsql-ml@baguette.net