Re: RE : PostgreSQL coredump : Couldn't find any tables,

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: RE : PostgreSQL coredump : Couldn't find any tables,
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Bruno BAGUETTE" <pgsql-ml@baguette.net> writes:
> I would like to upgrade to 7.3.3 but I have first to get 6.5.2 running
> in order to get the possibility to start a dump and to launch the
> install into a PostgreSQL 7.3.3 server.

How large is pg_log?  If it's 1Gb in size or nearly that, then your
problem is that the transaction counter wrapped around.  I believe that
a couple of people have gotten out of such a fix by resetting the
counter to a few hundred transactions less than 4G, giving them time to
pg_dump before it wraps again.  I don't remember how to do it in such a
prehistoric version of Postgres, though.  Check the archives.