Re: bad unicode characters

От Toby Tremayne
Тема Re: bad unicode characters
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Nigel,

    the database I dumped from originally was whatever the standard postgres
database is - SQL_ASCII??

    A bit of background - the data comes from a microsoft access database which
was populated through a cold fusion application.  Apparently cold fusion 5
stored unicode characters incorrectly so I suspect it's either that or
something bad pasted in from word.  These characters were already in the data
before I dumped it out.  What I'm trying to do is convert the whole thing to
a proper unicode database but to do that I need to weed out these bad
characters and I'm damned if I know how to even find them...

cheers,
Toby