Обсуждение: iso-8859-1 annotation '-cim' in source code

iso-8859-1 annotation '-cim' in source code

От
Steve Lau
Дата:
Hi, Postgres hackers!

While reading the source code, I noticed comments like "-cim 9/10/89". I think this might be an annotation by a developer to indicate the commit time, but from the commit history (using git), they does not seem to match.

Specifically:

  1. What does “cim” mean here?
  2. Are these annotations still used in modern code practices within the PostgreSQL project, or have they been replaced by version control commit histories? I guess they are not used anymore as there are only 11 annotations in the source code.

I appreciate any information or historical context you can provide regarding these annotations.

Thank you!

Best regards, Steve Lau.

Re: iso-8859-1 annotation '-cim' in source code

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата: