Обсуждение: Should AT TIME ZONE be volatile?

Should AT TIME ZONE be volatile?

От
Shay Rojansky
Дата:
Greetings hackers.

It seems that PostgreSQL 14 allows using the AT TIME ZONE operator within generated column definitions; according to the docs, that means the operator is considered immutable. However, unless I'm mistaken, the result of AT TIME ZONE depends on the time zone database, which is external and can change. I think that means that generated column data can become out-of-date upon tz database changes.

Sample table creation DDL:

CREATE TABLE events (
    id integer PRIMARY KEY GENERATED BY DEFAULT AS IDENTITY,
    local_timestamp timestamp without time zone NOT NULL,
    utc_timestamp timestamp with time zone GENERATED ALWAYS AS (local_timestamp AT TIME ZONE time_zone_id) STORED,
    time_zone_id text NULL
);

For comparison, SQL Server does consider AT TIME ZONE to be non-deterministic, and therefore does not allow it in stored generated columns (it does allow it in non-stored ones).

Shay

Confused with PostgreSQL on Synology NAS

От
chris
Дата:
font{ line-height: 1.6; } ul,ol{ padding-left: 20px; list-style-position: inside; }
Greetings hackers:

I have a Synology NAS, and there is a PostgreSQL version 11.11 on it. I tried to modify pg_hba.conf file and add a new rule for external access.

But there is a strange thing, the $PGDATA is /var/services/pgsql, so changing the file on $PGDATA/pg_hba.conf maybe ok, but not. See below:

Then I tried to find the pg_hba.conf file, there is another one on /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf, this is actually the right file.

My question is that PostgreSQL usually use $PGDATA/pg_hba.conf as the access control file, is there other way to specify conf file in other place?

Best regards,
Chris
Вложения

Re: Confused with PostgreSQL on Synology NAS

От
chris
Дата:
font{ line-height: 1.6; } ul,ol{ padding-left: 20px; list-style-position: inside; }
Wow, thanks so much, I checked it and there is a config on postgresql.conf.

Regards,
Chris