Re: Should AT TIME ZONE be volatile?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Should AT TIME ZONE be volatile?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 5:04 PM Isaac Morland <isaac.morland@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wouldn't an existing index only have characters that were already part of the collation? Attempting to use one not
coveredby the collation I would have expected to cause an error at insert time. But definitely I agree I wouldn't feel
confidentabout the safety of any change.

I mean it's not like we are updating the definition of
pg_utf8_verifychar() every time they define a new code point.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: "Bossart, Nathan"
Сообщение: Re: archive modules
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: simplifying foreign key/RI checks