Re: Should AT TIME ZONE be volatile?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Should AT TIME ZONE be volatile?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> ... but we want
> collation definitions that *actually don't change*.

Um ... how would that work?  Unicode is a moving target.  Even without
their continual addition of stuff, I'm not convinced that social rules
about how to sort are engraved on stone tablets.  The need for collation
updates may not be as predictable as the need for timezone updates,
but I doubt that we can just freeze the data forever.

Сообщение: Re: Should AT TIME ZONE be volatile?
Сообщение: Re: Should AT TIME ZONE be volatile?