Обсуждение: postgres_fdw: Minor improvement to postgresAcquireSampleRowsFunc

postgres_fdw: Minor improvement to postgresAcquireSampleRowsFunc

От
Etsuro Fujita
Дата:
Hi,

In postgresAcquireSampleRowsFunc, we 1) determine the fetch size and
then 2) construct the fetch command in each iteration of fetching some
rows from the remote, but that would be totally redundant.  Attached
is a patch for removing that redundancy.

I'll add this to the upcoming commitfest.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Вложения

Re: postgres_fdw: Minor improvement to postgresAcquireSampleRowsFunc

От
Julien Rouhaud
Дата:
On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 11:39 AM Etsuro Fujita <etsuro.fujita@gmail.com> wrote:

> In postgresAcquireSampleRowsFunc, we 1) determine the fetch size and
> then 2) construct the fetch command in each iteration of fetching some
> rows from the remote, but that would be totally redundant.

Indeed.

> Attached
> is a patch for removing that redundancy.

It all looks good to me!  I marked it as ready for committer.

Re: postgres_fdw: Minor improvement to postgresAcquireSampleRowsFunc

От
Etsuro Fujita
Дата:
Hi Julien,

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 6:54 PM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 11:39 AM Etsuro Fujita <etsuro.fujita@gmail.com> wrote:
> > In postgresAcquireSampleRowsFunc, we 1) determine the fetch size and
> > then 2) construct the fetch command in each iteration of fetching some
> > rows from the remote, but that would be totally redundant.
>
> Indeed.
>
> > Attached
> > is a patch for removing that redundancy.
>
> It all looks good to me!  I marked it as ready for committer.

Cool!  I'll commit the patch if there are no objections.  Thanks for reviewing!

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Re: postgres_fdw: Minor improvement to postgresAcquireSampleRowsFunc

От
Etsuro Fujita
Дата:
On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 7:15 PM Etsuro Fujita <etsuro.fujita@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 6:54 PM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 11:39 AM Etsuro Fujita <etsuro.fujita@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > In postgresAcquireSampleRowsFunc, we 1) determine the fetch size and
> > > then 2) construct the fetch command in each iteration of fetching some
> > > rows from the remote, but that would be totally redundant.
> >
> > Indeed.
> >
> > > Attached
> > > is a patch for removing that redundancy.
> >
> > It all looks good to me!  I marked it as ready for committer.
>
> Cool!  I'll commit the patch if there are no objections.  Thanks for reviewing!

Pushed.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita