Обсуждение: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

От
Sourav Majumdar

could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "localhost" (::1) and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "localhost" (127.0.0.1) and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

When I am trying to run localhost:3000, its giving this error massage, Can you please help me out here?

--
Regards-
Sourav Majumdar

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 6/9/19 11:51 AM, Sourav Majumdar wrote:

>     could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
>     Is the server running on host "localhost" (::1) and accepting TCP/IP
>     connections on port 5432? could not connect to server: Connection
>     refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "localhost"
>     (127.0.0.1) and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
>
>     When I am trying to run localhost:3000, its giving this error
>     massage, Can you please help me out here?

Do you mean in postgresql.conf?:

listen_addresses = localhost
port = 3000

What is the connection string you are using?

OS and version?

How was Postgres installed?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

От
Ray O'Donnell
Дата:
On 09/06/2019 19:51, Sourav Majumdar wrote:

>     could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
>     Is the server running on host "localhost" (::1) and accepting TCP/IP
>     connections on port 5432? could not connect to server: Connection
>     refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "localhost"
>     (127.0.0.1) and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

Hi there,

 From the above, you have the server listening on port 3000 (you would
have set this in postgresql.conf - did you?), but the client is trying
to connect on port 5432 (the default).

You therefore need to tell the client to connect to port 3000 - if you
are using psql, you need the -p option:

    psql -p 3000 (... etc ...)

HTH,

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell // Galway // Ireland
ray@rodonnell.ie

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

От
Sourav Majumdar
Дата:
Hello,
Thanks for your quick response. I am new to pgsql, didnot configured it , can you please give a guidance for that? I will be highly oblised if you can assist me.
I am using windows 8.1, 64 bit.
ruby 2.3.3p222 (2016-11-21 revision 56859) [i386-mingw32]
Rails 5.2.3
Trying to setup ruby on rails on my local host

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 1:13 AM Ray O'Donnell <ray@rodonnell.ie> wrote:
On 09/06/2019 19:51, Sourav Majumdar wrote:

>     could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
>     Is the server running on host "localhost" (::1) and accepting TCP/IP
>     connections on port 5432? could not connect to server: Connection
>     refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "localhost"
>     (127.0.0.1) and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

Hi there,

 From the above, you have the server listening on port 3000 (you would
have set this in postgresql.conf - did you?), but the client is trying
to connect on port 5432 (the default).

You therefore need to tell the client to connect to port 3000 - if you
are using psql, you need the -p option:

    psql -p 3000 (... etc ...)

HTH,

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell // Galway // Ireland
ray@rodonnell.ie

--
Regards-
Sourav Majumdar
Mob.- 9732354141

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

От
Ray O'Donnell
Дата:
On 09/06/2019 20:49, Sourav Majumdar wrote:
> Hello,
> Thanks for your quick response. I am new to pgsql, didnot configured it
> , can you please give a guidance for that? I will be highly oblised if
> you can assist me.
> I am using windows 8.1, 64 bit.
> ruby 2.3.3p222 (2016-11-21 revision 56859) [i386-mingw32]
> Rails 5.2.3
> Trying to setup ruby on rails on my local host

Hi,

PostgreSQL's default port is 5432, and if the Postgres instance on your
computer is the only one there then that's what it'll be listening on.

I don't know anything about Ruby or how you connect to PG from it, but
you need to tell it to use port 5432.

Alternatively, if you really want to use port 3000, then you need to
edit postgresql.conf and change the "port" setting there. You'll need to
restart PG for this to take effect.

Either way, you need to connect to the port on which PG is listening.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell // Galway // Ireland
ray@rodonnell.ie

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 6/9/19 1:46 PM, Ray O'Donnell wrote:
> On 09/06/2019 20:49, Sourav Majumdar wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Thanks for your quick response. I am new to pgsql, didnot configured
>> it , can you please give a guidance for that? I will be highly oblised
>> if you can assist me.
>> I am using windows 8.1, 64 bit.
>> ruby 2.3.3p222 (2016-11-21 revision 56859) [i386-mingw32]
>> Rails 5.2.3
>> Trying to setup ruby on rails on my local host

Where are you doing?:

"When I am trying to run localhost:3000 ..."

Or is the above the port the Rails Web server is running on?

More below.

https://guides.rubyonrails.org/configuring.html#configuring-a-database

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 6/9/19 1:46 PM, Ray O'Donnell wrote:
> On 09/06/2019 20:49, Sourav Majumdar wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Thanks for your quick response. I am new to pgsql, didnot configured
>> it , can you please give a guidance for that? I will be highly oblised
>> if you can assist me.
>> I am using windows 8.1, 64 bit.
>> ruby 2.3.3p222 (2016-11-21 revision 56859) [i386-mingw32]
>> Rails 5.2.3
>> Trying to setup ruby on rails on my local host

Alright the penny just dropped, maybe:

1) You have started the Rails Web server on port 3000

2) You tried to do something that accessed the Postgres server.

3) You got connection refused error.

If the above is correct then the error message:

": Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host
"localhost" (::1) and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?"

means either:

1) The server is not running. Check that the Postgres service is running
in Windows.

2) The server is running but not listening on port 5432. Check the
Postgres config file(postgresql.conf) to see what the settings I
mentioned earlier are.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

От
Sourav Majumdar
Дата:
Hi,
I have tried many time for setup postgreSQL for my local host. Hence I have tried to reInstall the one click app from https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads -  Windows x86-64  -  PostgreSQL Version 11.3. When installing using default port 5432, Its giving an error "Database Cluster Installation Failed". Please advice how to resolve the issue. I am struggling to setup this POSTGRESQL from more than a week.

The error screenshot is attached. PFA

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

--
Regards-
Sourav Majumdar

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 6/13/19 9:56 AM, Sourav Majumdar wrote:
> Hi,
> I have tried many time for setup postgreSQL for my local host. Hence I
> have tried to reInstall the one click app from
> https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads -  Windows
> x86-64  -  PostgreSQL Version 11.3. When installing using default port
> 5432, Its giving an error "Database Cluster Installation Failed". Please
> advice how to resolve the issue. I am struggling to setup this
> POSTGRESQL from more than a week.
>
> The error screenshot is attached. PFA

Sounds like a permissions problem to me.

See:

https://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/11.0/PG_Inst_Guide_v11/PostgreSQL_Installation_Guide.1.13.html#

to find the log of the install process. It will probably have more
information.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

От
Sourav Majumdar
Дата:
Hii, I have checked the logged file. I am attaching it with this mail. PFA

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 1:58 AM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 6/13/19 9:56 AM, Sourav Majumdar wrote:
> Hi,
> I have tried many time for setup postgreSQL for my local host. Hence I
> have tried to reInstall the one click app from
> https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads -  Windows
> x86-64  -  PostgreSQL Version 11.3. When installing using default port
> 5432, Its giving an error "Database Cluster Installation Failed". Please
> advice how to resolve the issue. I am struggling to setup this
> POSTGRESQL from more than a week.
>
> The error screenshot is attached. PFA

Sounds like a permissions problem to me.

See:

https://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/11.0/PG_Inst_Guide_v11/PostgreSQL_Installation_Guide.1.13.html#

to find the log of the install process. It will probably have more
information.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

--
Regards-
Sourav Majumdar
Mob.- 9732354141
Вложения

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 6/18/19 1:06 AM, Sourav Majumdar wrote:
> Hii, I have checked the logged file. I am attaching it with this mail. PFA

In future please do not attach a 1.4MB file. Most of it was Unpacking
info. The relevant part was at the end:

"
fixing permissions on existing directory C:/PostgreSQL/data ... initdb:
could not change permissions of directory "C:/PostgreSQL/data":
Permission denied

Called Die(Failed to initialise the database cluster with initdb)...
Failed to initialise the database cluster with initdb

Script stderr:
  Program ended with an error exit code

Error running cscript //NoLogo
"C:\PostgreSQL/installer/server/initcluster.vbs" "NT
AUTHORITY\NetworkService" "postgres" "****" "C:\PostgreSQL"
"C:\PostgreSQL\data" 5432 "DEFAULT" 0: Program ended with an error exit code
Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
  The database cluster initialisation failed.
[23:30:13] Delete the temporary scripts directory...
Creating menu shortcuts...
Executing cscript //NoLogo
"C:\PostgreSQL\installer\server\createshortcuts_clt.vbs" "PostgreSQL 11"
"C:\PostgreSQL"
Script exit code: 0"

Did you follow the instructions here?:

https://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/11.0/PG_Inst_Guide_v11/PostgreSQL_Installation_Guide.1.08.html#

In particular the part about:

"To perform an installation using the graphical installation wizard, you
must have superuser or administrator privileges. To start the
installation wizard, assume sufficient privileges and double-click the
installer icon; if prompted, provide a password.
Note that in some versions of Windows, you can invoke the installer with
Administrator privileges by right clicking on the installer icon and
selecting Run as Administrator from the context menu."

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

От
Moreno Andreo
Дата:
Il 18/06/19 15:57, Adrian Klaver ha scritto:
> On 6/18/19 1:06 AM, Sourav Majumdar wrote:
>> Hii, I have checked the logged file. I am attaching it with this
>> mail. PFA
>
> In future please do not attach a 1.4MB file. Most of it was Unpacking
> info. The relevant part was at the end:
>
> "
> fixing permissions on existing directory C:/PostgreSQL/data ...
> initdb: could not change permissions of directory
> "C:/PostgreSQL/data": Permission denied
>
> [...]
>
> Did you follow the instructions here?:
>
> https://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/11.0/PG_Inst_Guide_v11/PostgreSQL_Installation_Guide.1.08.html#
>

> In particular the part about:
>
> "To perform an installation using the graphical installation wizard,
> you must have superuser or administrator privileges. To start the
> installation wizard, assume sufficient privileges and double-click the
> installer icon; if prompted, provide a password.
> Note that in some versions of Windows, you can invoke the installer
> with Administrator privileges by right clicking on the installer icon
> and selecting Run as Administrator from the context menu."

We had this issue in the past, and noted that re-issuing initdb from an
Administrator Command Prompt (not doing anything else) from the Bin
directory worked perfectly.

This was applied for 9.5, 9.6 and 10.x. Still not using 11 in
production, so I have no cases to test at the moment.

My 2 cent

Moreno.-

RE: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

От
Igor Neyman

Hii, I have checked the logged file. I am attaching it with this mail. PFA

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 1:58 AM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:

On 6/13/19 9:56 AM, Sourav Majumdar wrote:
> Hi,
> I have tried many time for setup postgreSQL for my local host. Hence I
> have tried to reInstall the one click app from
> https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads -  Windows
> x86-64  -  PostgreSQL Version 11.3. When installing using default port
> 5432, Its giving an error "Database Cluster Installation Failed". Please
> advice how to resolve the issue. I am struggling to setup this
> POSTGRESQL from more than a week.
>
> The error screenshot is attached. PFA

Sounds like a permissions problem to me.

See:

https://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/11.0/PG_Inst_Guide_v11/PostgreSQL_Installation_Guide.1.13.html#

to find the log of the install process. It will probably have more
information.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From the log that you attached:

Failed to remove inherited ACLs on (C:\PostgreSQL\data)

WScript.Network initialized...

strParentOfDataDirC:\PostgreSQL

logged in userMajumdar\Its Majumdar

Called AclCheck(C:\PostgreSQL\data)

Called IsVistaOrNewer()...

    'winmgmts' object initialized...

    Version:6.3

    MajorVersion:6

Executing icacls to ensure the Majumdar\Its Majumdar account can read the path C:\PostgreSQL\data

    Executing batch file 'rad3A6BD.bat'...

    'icacls' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

Installation script doesn’t find on your machine ICACLS, Windows utility that is being used by installation script to grant proper permissions.

Something’s wrong with your Windows OS.

Regards,

Igor Neyman