Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)

От Moreno Andreo
Тема Re: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Il 18/06/19 15:57, Adrian Klaver ha scritto:
> On 6/18/19 1:06 AM, Sourav Majumdar wrote:
>> Hii, I have checked the logged file. I am attaching it with this
>> mail. PFA
>
> In future please do not attach a 1.4MB file. Most of it was Unpacking
> info. The relevant part was at the end:
>
> "
> fixing permissions on existing directory C:/PostgreSQL/data ...
> initdb: could not change permissions of directory
> "C:/PostgreSQL/data": Permission denied
>
> [...]
>
> Did you follow the instructions here?:
>
> https://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/11.0/PG_Inst_Guide_v11/PostgreSQL_Installation_Guide.1.08.html#
>

> In particular the part about:
>
> "To perform an installation using the graphical installation wizard,
> you must have superuser or administrator privileges. To start the
> installation wizard, assume sufficient privileges and double-click the
> installer icon; if prompted, provide a password.
> Note that in some versions of Windows, you can invoke the installer
> with Administrator privileges by right clicking on the installer icon
> and selecting Run as Administrator from the context menu."

We had this issue in the past, and noted that re-issuing initdb from an
Administrator Command Prompt (not doing anything else) from the Bin
directory worked perfectly.

This was applied for 9.5, 9.6 and 10.x. Still not using 11 in
production, so I have no cases to test at the moment.

My 2 cent

Moreno.-