Обсуждение: be-gssapi-common.h should be located in src/include/libpq/

be-gssapi-common.h should be located in src/include/libpq/

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
Hi all,

As mentioned on another thread about test coverage, I have noticed
that be-gssapi-common.h is not placed at the correct location, even
its its identication path at the top points to where the file should
be:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20190604014630.GH1529@paquier.xyz

The file has been introduced at its current location as of b0b39f72.
Any objections to something like the attached?

Michael

Вложения

Re: be-gssapi-common.h should be located in src/include/libpq/

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 7 Jun 2019, at 06:34, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> Any objections to something like the attached?

No objections to moving the file per the patch.

While looking at libpq.h I noticed what seems to be a few nitpicks: the GSS
function prototype isn’t using the common format of having a comment specifying
the file it belongs to; ssl_loaded_verify_locations is defined as extern even
though it’s only available under USE_SSL (which works fine since it’s only
accessed under USE_SSL but seems kinda wrong); and FeBeWaitSet is not listed
under the pqcomm.c prototypes like how the extern vars from be-secure.c are.
All of these are in the attached.

cheers ./daniel

Вложения

Re: be-gssapi-common.h should be located in src/include/libpq/

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Greetings,

* Michael Paquier (michael@paquier.xyz) wrote:
> As mentioned on another thread about test coverage, I have noticed
> that be-gssapi-common.h is not placed at the correct location, even
> its its identication path at the top points to where the file should
> be:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20190604014630.GH1529@paquier.xyz
>
> The file has been introduced at its current location as of b0b39f72.
> Any objections to something like the attached?

I'm pretty sure it ended up there just because that's how things are in
src/interfaces/libpq.  I don't have any objection to moving it, I had
really just been waiting to see where that thread ended up going.

On a quick look, the patch looks fine to me.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения

Re: be-gssapi-common.h should be located in src/include/libpq/

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Fri, Jun 07, 2019 at 08:11:07AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> I'm pretty sure it ended up there just because that's how things are in
> src/interfaces/libpq.  I don't have any objection to moving it, I had
> really just been waiting to see where that thread ended up going.
>
> On a quick look, the patch looks fine to me.

OK thanks.  I have committed this portion of the patch for now.  If
there are any remaining issues let's take care of them afterwards.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: be-gssapi-common.h should be located in src/include/libpq/

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Fri, Jun 07, 2019 at 09:52:26AM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> While looking at libpq.h I noticed what seems to be a few nitpicks: the GSS
> function prototype isn’t using the common format of having a comment specifying
> the file it belongs to; ssl_loaded_verify_locations is defined as extern even
> though it’s only available under USE_SSL (which works fine since it’s only
> accessed under USE_SSL but seems kinda wrong); and FeBeWaitSet is not listed
> under the pqcomm.c prototypes like how the extern vars from be-secure.c are.
> All of these are in the attached.

Indeed, this makes the header more consistent.  Thanks for noticing.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: be-gssapi-common.h should be located in src/include/libpq/

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Sat, Jun 08, 2019 at 10:24:39AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Indeed, this makes the header more consistent.  Thanks for noticing.

Double-checked the surroundings, and done.
--
Michael

Вложения